2018 Sewer Relining Project
This year the City worked with Insituform Technologies Ltd. to repair some of the heavily damaged sewer lines within the City using what is called No-Dig Technology. This years project included areas on 1st Ave, 3rd Ave and Columbia Street.
Advantages of No Dig Technology:
• Rehabilitation of sewer lines utilizes
Cured-In-Place Pipe Technology
• Provides a full structural liner for the sewer
• Reduces infiltration of ground water
• Reduces exfiltration of sewage to the environment
• Liner is designed for a 50 year Life span!
This year alone, No-Dig technology has saved the Citizens of Melville close to an estimated $685,000! Traditional sewer main replacement and asphalting would cost approximately $685,000. This No-Dig project cost came to $115,000.