If you are constructing, renovating, or relocating a house, garage, accessory building, or deck, you will need a Building Permit. Also, demolition of structures will require a Permit.
Before a Permit can be issued, the Building Inspector will require information about your
project such as plans/drawings and materials.
Permits and information can be obtained from the Building Inspector, Tyrone Mogenson at 306-728-0217.
Please be advised Building Permits may take up to 10 days to be approved.
A Building Permit is required prior to construction of the following:
- new building construction;
- structural change;
- building demolition;
- building relocation;
- change of occupancy or use;
- swimming pools;
- installing "bay", "bow" or "box" windows in new or existing openings;
- major building repairs or renovations;
- interior alterations;
- exterior landings that are greater than 2.25
sq. m (25 sq. ft.) in areaand/or landings that are 600mm (24") or more above grade level;
- exterior stairs that are four or more risers high;
- accessory buildings that are greater than 100
sq. ft. in floor area; decks that are more than 200 mm (8") above grade;
- roof enclosure over an existing deck;
- re-roofing of one-unit to four-unit dwellings if supported structure (roof sheathing) is being replaced or pitch is being changed;
Building permits expire after 6 months from the date of issue but may be renewed for a further 6 months without
fee. It is the responsibility of the owner to locate all utility lines and easements. Check with ISC (Information Services Corporation, formerly known as Land Titles) and your utility companies.
Regulations & Permit Information: Please click on the links below for regulations and permit information.